Service Handbook 2016
Power supply, carpet, walls etc up to complete rental stands – the PADDLEexpo Service Handbook includes all offers of the Nuremberg-Messe service partners:
Service Handbook 2016 english (PDF, 10 MB, 217 pages)
Condensed version – just electricity, walls, carpet (PDF, 0,2 MB, 5 pages)
Shipping to the Booth
Stand Setup and Breakdown Times
Parking in the Loading Dock
Parking of Trucks and Trailers
Hall Entry for Vehicles
PADDLEexpo is the largest paddlesports trade fair globally. An exhibitor will
be allowed admission when the company does business, offers products and can demonstrate
professional expertise in the areas of canoe, kayak, stand-up paddling, or in
accessories directly related to paddlesports.
Additional products from the company’s line may be exhibited, but only if
they play a minor role at the fair.
The organiser will …..
• hire the hall at the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre.
• send invitations to regular exhibitors, provide information to potential new parties, and collect applications until the exhibitor application deadline.
• create the floor plan and the exhibitor directory. This will be available online and in print. The printed directory will be available to visitors at the entrance. The content (company name, brand, website,…) must be supplied by the exhibitor.
• prepare order forms for Nuremberg Exhibition service providers of, e.g., electric power, carpet, stand setup, etc.
• send invitations to regular visitors and prepare visitor information.
• promote the event based on the organiser’s discretion in various media outlets, including but not limited to press releases, advertisements, etc.
• operate a website that includes basic exhibitor and visitor information.
• manage organisational issues such as: marking of stand spaces on the hall floor, arrangement of visitor registration and admission security, registration and communication with administration and authorities, hall cleanup after setup, daily hall cleaning, hall heating and air conditioning, sanitary services, security guard during all phases (setup, show, breakdown and move-out), general night security and first-aid station.
• Organise an industry party including entertainment.
In addition, the exhibitor fee also includes …
• exhibitor listing in the exhibitor directories
• presentation of one product in the Kayaksession Buyer’s Guide
The organiser is not obliged to fulfill other tasks or duties for exhibitors that are not listed above, nor may exhibitors make demands for such. Duties that are not expressly included in fees or participation include:
• Release of visitor data, including mailing address or emails.
• Claim to a specific stand location, size or format. The first priority for the floor plan is the best use of space for optimising the ability to do business, keeping costs down, and providing the best possible selling atmosphere.
• Claim to any arbitrator duties by the organizer. Allocation of spaces is never based on personal bias or any political wishes of any interest groups
Preparation of the exhibitor applications; sending the forms to regular exhibitors by email.
Exhibitor application is from 1.-30. of May 2016.
Stands are allocated “first come – first serve”. Waiting list in case of overbooking.
Drawing the floor plan, approval by the authorities and safety administration.
The floor plan will be published..
Invoicing for participation and floor space. The invoice also includes the stand number, which is necessary to place service orders (carpet, walls, power,..)
Closing date for service orders (carpet, walls, power,… complete rental stands)
Exhibitor tickets will be sent by email.
Kayaksession Buyers Guide
After registration as an exhibitor, you should have received a booking confirmation per email. Please let the organiser know if that confirmation did not arrive in order to correct any possible errors.
The floor plan will be finalised as of 1. July 2016 and then approved by the administration. After that, stand numbers will be final, and you will receive an invoice. You will need your stand number when you place an order for electricity, carpets or other services.
Nuremberg Exhibition service partners offer a variety of products, including the ones most often ordered (power, carpet, walls and drapes). A complete list of services and an order form is in the exhibitor services area.
• Please send your order forms directly to the appropriate service partners, not to the organiser.
• Please recontact the service partner if you have not received a response in 7-10 days.
• Please place your orders with the service partners in a timely manner.
The insertion of company, brand and website in the directory and on the floor plan is not automatic. It is up to the exhibitor to provide this data and to approve the release of the data.
The information as it currently exists is linked from the first page of the exhibitor services area. Please take a look at this area to review and approve your company’s information, and please email any corrections or the approval for release.
Only brand representatives or owners, or those approved to represent the brand, may approve the information and its release.
Achieve the highest success from your participation on the fair by communicating and promoting your attendance. The most cost-efficient opportunities are on your own website, as a part of your email signature, or in your company newsletters.
Logos for your letters, invoices and other correspondence: Invitation letters, invoices, an email signature, newsletters, etc. You will find the PADDLEexpo logo in a variety of sizes and formats available for download in the fair’s press section for use in any or all of the above communications or other media.
An additional tip is to add a line to your signature or logo, such as, „Come see us at PADDLEexpo – 7.-9. Oct. 2016, booth #***“
Everyone with an exhibitor pass is allowed entry to the hall as of 8 a.m. Thus, only true exhibitors should possess an exhibitor’s pass. Please do not give an exhibitor’s pass or ID to visitors or others who are not an exhibitor. I am in the process of reorganising and updating my entire database, including all exhibitor information, in order to clear out former exhibitors, paddle athletes, and former exhibitor employees. Exhibitor ticket order form.
Shipping to the Booth
When shipping directly to the exhibition stand please use this shipping address:
PADDLEexpo, hall 3A, Stand (your booth number)
(your company name)
90471 Nürnberg, Deutschland
Leave the receiver’s cell phone number on the box, just in case.
PADDLEexpo is four days, set-up day and three days runtime.
– Make sure that your goods arrive during this time
– Make sure that you or the recipient is on location to take the goods when they arrive.
If the goods arrive before set-up day or after the show, the hall will be closed and nobody will be there to take them.
Shipping from outside the European Union: Paperwork, duty, custom clearance, VAT – make sure that your goods won’t get stuck at the customs before you despatch. If in doubt, contact your freight forwarder or the Nuremberg-Messe Partner for hall 3A “Schenker Fairs”:
Schenker Deutschland AG
Tel +49 (0) 9 11. 8 17 48-0
Fax +49 (0) 9 11. 8 17 48-25
• Banners, large format printing, roll-up displays, specifically placed hall décor, etc. Available for a fee, based on pre-booking.
• Conference rooms: This year, there is a room available in the hall for presentations and meetings. To enquire about booking, please contact the organiser via email or telephone. The current booking status can be viewed here. If the conference room in Hall 3A is booked, there are additional rooms in the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre also available for rent.
Unavailable or not permitted:
• Flags or banners outside of the booked stand space without prior agreement with the organiser.
• Lanyards with advertisement.
• Ad inserts in the planning guide.
• Boxed, bolded or otherwise highlighted logos or exhibitor information in the planning guide.
• Advertisements at the Industry Retailer Party
• Handouts or other distribution of materials outside of the booked stand space.
A party at your stand is a welcome addition. Since there will be a joint industry party on the second day, it makes sense to schedule these the first day of the fair. On the third day, stand breakdown begins.
The fair will close at 19:00 (7p.m.), so you should not start your stand party before 17:45 (5:45 p.m.). We want to ensure that business discussions at neighbouring stands can continue until 19:00. Thus, please plan that any promotions that may be loud or otherwise disturbing do not occur until after that time. No music please until 19:00 (7 p.m.)!
In order to allow conversations at other stands, the maximum speaker volume is limited to 80dB. Security staff is equipped with decibel meters, and the sound level will be measured next to the booth in the aisle.
The fair will close at 19:00 (7 p.m.). If there are still people at your stand past that time, it will be necessary to name a person who will be responsible for your event (see also VStättV – Germany’s Regulations for Public Assemblies). This person must be present and onsite from the start to the finish of your party or event and also available by telephone the entire time.
Party registration required before 1 September 2016
In order to be able to plan for security staff, fire and rescue services, as well as sanitary services, etc. we will need registration of your stand party before 1 September 2016. For registration, just send an e-mail with the following information:
• Beginning and end of your event
• Maximum number of persons estimated to be present
• Name of the responsible party
• Telephone number of the responsible party
Your stand party must not continue past 23:00 or 11 p.m. (in the event schedule, you will find 22:00, or 10 p.m., listed as the end. Thus, this leaves you a one-hour leeway to wrap up the party and clear the hall). At 23:00/11 p.m., every person needs to have left the hall. If this time limit is exceeded, the organiser of the stand party will be invoiced for any additional expenses incurred. The organiser of the stand party will also be held liable for any damage to either property or person. Please verify your insurance coverage in such cases. You will find a contact address for insurance included with the service forms.
The organiser of the stand party will also be responsible for its termination. Please do not admit additional participants to your stand party than there is room. Occupying other stands or the aisles is not permitted except as a route to leave the hall or go to the nearest WC. You will find the address for registering music events with Gema at technical guidelines.
This arrangement only applies for stands at a stretch of more than 100 square metres by one leaser (your 2016 PADDLEexpo invoice shows minimum 100 m2, respectively more than Euro 6450,- net) Such companies may enter the hall one day before the fair starts in order to
set up their stands. The charge for that extra day is Euro 450,- net per stand and will be invoiced directly by Messe-Nuremberg.
My lease for the fair is for 72 hours only and will begin on 6. Oct. 2016, 00:00 h. That’s why the invoice for that extra set-up day will be issued to you directly by the owner of the hall (Nuremberg Fair Co.)
If you are interested in an extra set up day please contact: Mrs. Anke Müller (Management Guest Events); Tel: +49 911 8606 8429; firstname.lastname@example.org
Stand Setup and Breakdown times
Setup/Move-in: 6. October 2016, 7:00 to 21:00 (7 a.m. to 9 p.m.)
Deposit of Euro 100.00 / vehicles in the loading dock area
(Early setup with written permission from the Nuremberg Exhibition Centre; 5. Oct. 2016, 7:00 to 19:00)
Breakdown/Move-out: 9. October 2016, 16:00 – 24:00 (4 p.m. to midnight)
On the 9. October 2016 at midnight, all breakdown and move-out must be completed and the hall cleared. Please heed this when you are setting up your booth so you have enough staff on-hand for breakdown.
Parking in the loading dock
Setup/Move-in day: 6. October 2016:
Only when actually off-loading/loading, deposit of Euro 100.00 / 2 hours
During the fair:
No parking permitted in the loading dock area. Parked vehicles will be towed at the owner’s expense.
After close of the fair, entry after 16:30 (4:30 p.m.); no deposit required.
Parking of trucks, transporters and trailers
The loading dock area must be clear of all vehicles, trucks and trailers as of 21:00 (9 p.m.) on set-up day.
These vehicles can be parked in designated truck parking areas at no charge.
Please do no disregard this regulation. The Grosse Strasse from the intersection to the U-turn cannot be used as a parking area for transporters, trucks or trailers.
When the tow trucks roll in, aggravation will be huge!
Hall entry for vehicles
Passenger cars, trucks, delivery vehicles and trailers must remain outside of the hall. This is in effect permanent from 6 October 00:00 through the end of breakdown and move-out. If your stand is located a large distance from the loading dock and door or you have larger goods to transport, we recommend obtaining a hand truck or other such transport aid.